Deadline: 31st May 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Test Operator: Grades A, B, C|
|Line Manager:||Principal Engineer – Development|
|Hours:||40 – Mon to Friday|
|Salary:||Grade A: £10 per hour, Grade B: £11 per hour, Grade C: £12 per hour|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days + Bank Holidays|
|Benefits:||Anti-social shift premium, company pension scheme, uniform|
2.0 RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
2.1 JOB FUNCTION
Working within the Cox Powertrain test and Development department, the Test Operator will be responsible for carrying out component rig tests, engine dyno-tests and full outboard motor testing either on vessel or in a test tank.
2.2 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the set-up of tests to specification including component rig test, engine dyno and full outboard testing
- Carrying out tests to predefined test procedures
- Supporting vessel tests at customer/partner locations
- Support the reporting of test results
- Supporting the development of new test methods
- Supporting the maintenance and improvement of test facilities
- To maintain a clean and safe working
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures
- Support off-site activities such as vessel testing
- Manage time and prioritise tasks to ensure delivery of objectives
- Present information clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication
- IT literate and proficient with all Microsoft software and other test control packages
- Good knowledge of a test environment
- Flexibility to travel both within the UK and internationally as required
- Able to proactively identify issues and support problem solving activities
4.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- HNC/D or equivalent in a relevant Engineering subject
- Experience of powertrain test set-up and execution
- Experience in an engine test environment
- Ability to follow procedures accurately and safely
- Experience of marine powertrain development activities
- Experience of diesel engine specific development.
- Test cell operation using Sierra CP Engineering CADET test cell control systems.
- Operation of small powered marine craft
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.