1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Strategic Procurement Lead|
|Line Manager:||Head of Procurement|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday|
|Salary Range:||£ DOE|
|Holiday:||20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service|
|Benefits:||Company pension scheme, health care (BUPA), life cover, EAP (Employee Assistance Programme|
Cox Powertrain currently have an opening for an enthusiastic Strategic Procurement Lead to work in our new offices located on the south coast.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY
- To support the Head of Procurement in all purchasing activities.
- Deputise for the Head of Procurement when required.
- Advise & assist the Purchasing Team where necessary on a day to day basis.
- To identify suppliers, negotiate and when necessary place purchase orders, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers.
- Ability to play a lead role in Supplier contract negotiation, implementation & management.
- Build strong relationships with the supplier base (SRM).
- Manage the Supplier selection process with support from SQA.
- Work with DFM to obtain ‘best cost’ for all development parts.
- When necessary, expedite orders in accordance with purchase order requirements.
- Issue out NDA’s and maintain the NDA register.
- Maintain the programme BoM’s with purchasing information to ensure all parts being dealt with in a timely manner; drive in conjunction with engineering the drawing release process with dates to maintain project timings.
- Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
- Maintains and promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community.
- Deal with supplier enquires and acknowledgements.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years of procurement experience
- CIPS qualified or part qualified
- Automotive Quality Process experience – APQP/PPAP
- Project Procurement & NPI experience
- Previous team supervisor
- Basic engine/engineering knowledge
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Manufacturing experience & awareness
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Proven ability to self-manage & deliver on time to budget
- Excellent Inter-personal skills to build relationship internally & externally
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Reliable & Flexible in their approach
- Epicor ERP would advantageous
- Ability to Travel – mainly UK & Europe
- Strong communicator to both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail
- Enthusiastic, resilient, with a high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles
- Influencer – capability to influence within a dynamic organisation
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem solving
- Able to work under pressure
- Time management – able to self-organize the work content
- Conflict management skills