Deadline: 31st March 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Re-Manufacturing Technician|
|Line Manager:||Prototype, Warranty and Repair Team Leader|
|Standard Working Hours:||40 hours – Monday to Friday – 6-month contract|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Salary and Benefits:||£16 per hour, Company Pension Scheme & EAP|
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures.
- Completion of the disassembly of in-service powerhead assemblies down to individual components to help determine a problem, to replace parts, or to organise parts for engineering assessment.
- Work must be completed to the highest quality and safety standards.
- Provide objective feedback to the Prototype, Warranty and Repair Team Leader with regards to deterioration, failure, and process improvements.
- The unsupervised ability to maintaining throughput and execute tasks set, while keeping standards high and adhering to health & safety across the shift efficiently.
- To work safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- To complete teardown and/or repair activities in accordance with the delivery schedule or within the SLA timeframe.
- To always maintain a clean and safe working area, both for yourself and the wider team.
- To promptly notify the Prototype, Warranty and Repair Team Leader of any part or equipment defects.
- To be consistently punctual and ready for the start of the shift.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the workplace, using the workwear provided.
- To cover Production roles and duties as required.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents.
- 3+ years’ experience in general assembly or mechanical technician’s role.
- Automotive, marine or powertrain experience a plus.
- Must be energetic, driven, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to learn and understand process documentation and bills of materials.
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule.
- Have own of hand tools and relevant equipment to fulfil the role.
- Excellent reading, computer and communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to operate as part of a team.
- ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.