1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Quality Engineer|
|Line Manager:||Head of Quality|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.5 hours, Monday – Friday|
|Holiday:||20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service|
|Salary and Benefits:||Competitive Salary, dependent upon experience – company pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover|
2.0 ABOUT THE COMPANY
3.0 JOB FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a well-rounded Quality Engineer with a broad range of experience in all areas of quality assurance and continual improvement, who is able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of automotive quality standards and working practices.
Reporting directly to Cox Powertrain’s Head of Quality, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for creating project quality assurance plans and defining / delivering suitable quality assurance work packages within an automotive project environment, for example conducting value-add audits in advance of project gateway reviews. These projects will include the introduction of new outboard variants to market, as well as internal projects such as component redesign or cost-down programmes.
In addition, the Quality Engineer will support the Quality Systems and Manufacturing Quality Teams by conducting quality/environmental management system audits and manufacturing process / product audits respectively, reporting out on them to the wider business and following up on the corrective action plans.
From time to time the Quality Engineer may be asked to assist the Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Teams in their day-to-day duties, for example co-ordinating containment action plans in Cox Production or occasionally at Cox Goods Inwards or at a supplier.
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker.
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence.
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
- Willingness to travel in UK and internationally.
5.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Delivering QA work packages in a project / programmes environment (e.g. NPI).
- ISO 9001:2015 internal auditor qualification.
- In-depth working knowledge of APQP and PPAP.
- Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to:
- 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
- Understanding manufacturing processes.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
- Ability to present data accurately and effectively.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Previous SQA/SQD experience within the automotive sector.
- VDA 6.3 process auditing experience / qualification.
- ISO14001 qualification.
- IATF 16949:2016 qualification.
- Knowledge of inspection methods and equipment.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Lead assessor qualification.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 8 piston, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (261 kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.