Deadline: 30th April 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Prototype, Warranty and Repair Technician|
|Line Manager:||Prototype Team Leader|
|Hours:||40 – Mon to Friday|
|Salary:||Depends on experience|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 dats + bank holidays|
|Benefits:||Company Pension Scheme and Employee Assistance Programme|
2.0 RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures to the highest quality and safety requirements.
- The unsupervised completion of prototype, warranty and repair activities for Engine, gearbox and associated mechanical assemblies.
- Key measurement acquisition and testing conforming to engineering specifications, while reporting these outcomes.
- Recording of project documentation and assembly/strip data during assignments as required.
- Provide objective feedback to the Prototype, Warranty and Repair Team Leader with regards to design and process improvements.
- Mechanical fault finding leading to repairs and maintained.
- Maintaining throughput, safety, and quality standards across the shift.
- To work safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- To complete build, rework, and repair activities in accordance with the delivery schedule or within the SLA timeframe.
- To maintain a clean and safe working area at all times, both for yourself and the wider team.
- To promptly notify the Prototype, Warranty and Repair Team Leader of any part or equipment defects.
- To be consistently punctual and ready for the start of the shift.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the workplace, employing the workwear and PPE provided.
- To cover Production roles and duties as required.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience supersedes qualifications; however, relevant qualifications are favoured.
- BTEC, City and Guilds Level 3 advanced or equivalent in an engineering or automotive persuasion.
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical technician or engineering technician position.
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience.
- Must be energetic, driven and enthusiastic.
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and bills of materials.
- Experience and understanding of best assembly practices.
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule.
- Experience with a wide variety of hand tools, lift assists and production equipment.
- Excellent reading, computer and communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to operate as part of a team.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.