1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Strategic/NPI Buyer|
|Line Manager:||Head of Procurement|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (flexible)|
|Salary:||Up to £45,000|
|Holiday Entitlement:||20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service|
|Benefits:||Company pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover|
Cox Powertrain currently have an opening for an enthusiastic Strategic/NPI Buyer to work in our new offices located on the south coast.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To identify suppliers, negotiate and place all project purchase orders, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers.
- Build strong relationships with the supplier base (SRM).
- Supplier contract implementation.
- Be involved with SQA to manage the supplier selection process
- Work with DFM to obtain ‘best cost’ for all development parts.
- To expedite orders in accordance with purchase order requirements
- Maintain the programme BoM’s with purchasing information to ensure all parts being dealt with in a timely manner; drive in conjunction with engineering the drawing release process with dates to maintain project timings
- Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
- Deal with supplier enquires and acknowledgments
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- CIPS qualified or part qualified an advantage
- Automotive Quality Process experience – APQP/PPAP
- Project Procurement & NPI experience
- Basic engine/engineering knowledge
- Ability to read engineering drawings (basic level)
- Manufacturing experience & awareness
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Proven ability to self-manage & deliver on time to budget
- Excellent Inter-personal skills to build relationship internally & externally
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Reliable & Flexible in their approach
- Epicor ERP would advantageous
- Ability to Travel – mainly UK & Europe