1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Material Controller|
|Line Manager:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.50 hours per week, Monday to Friday (flexible)|
|Holiday:||20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after 2 years service|
|Benefits:||Company pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover|
Cox Powertrain currently have an opening for a Material Controller who has excellent vendor management skills, strong time management skills and a commitment to meeting corporate deadlines, ensuring critical orders are delivered on time.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY
- Jointly manage a global supply chain consisting of over 60 suppliers.
- Ensure scheduled orders are delivered on time in full.
- Develop a template to support regular Supplier Business Reviews.
- Build on existing relationships with the supplier base.
- Communicate any supply or supplier risks to the planning team.
- Work with suppliers to produce recovery plans when required.
- Arrange Logistics for orders requiring collection.
- Assist the purchasing team with the expediting of New Product/Prototype parts
- Work with vendors to solve invoicing issues
- Reduce inventory costs by analysing supplier performance and risk.
- Visit suppliers when necessary to carry out reviews and audits.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a similar role, ideally with an automotive or mechanical company.
- Experience in import and export control would be an advantage
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise workload
- Advanced MS Excel user.
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships internally and externally
- Reliable and flexible in their approach
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work under pressure
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 8 piston, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 350 hp (261 kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.