1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Manufacturing Accountant|
|Line Manager:||Chief Finance Officer|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|Salary Range:||DOE – competitive salary|
|Benefits:||20 days paid leave per annum (rising to 25 after two years), pension, health care scheme|
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 140 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
It is an ideal environment for a candidate wishing to work in a business which is involved in an industry-changing development, within a department which is evolving and growing thus enabling the potential for career progression.
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY
2.1 JOB FUNCTION
We are currently recruiting for a highly capable individual to join the finance team for a full-time role in a busy and growing company. You should be an individual who likes to take ownership of their responsibilities, be self-motivated with a disciplined and methodical approach to duties and responsibilities. A team player.
2.2 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Reporting of actual financial results for the operations department which includes operations, manufacturing, procurement, logistics and facilities
- Financial control of all aspects of stock including provisioning and average costings
- Financial control of all fixed assets in the manufacturing department including tooling
- Financial budgeting, forecasting and planning for the operations department
- Decision support for all aspects of the department aimed at improving overall performance.
- Development and reporting of financial and other KPI’s for the department
- Ad hoc work including investment analysis to support operational decisions
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant with 3-5 PQE within a manufacturing environment
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Demonstrable track record of success in a fast paced growing business
- Worked in an international environment
- Experience of working with a leading ERP system – EPICOR preferable
- Accuracy and skills in calculating figures, strong attention to detail; a right first time attitude and approach.
- Ability to work without supervision in a busy environment, working to tight deadlines