1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Logistics Team Leader|
|Line Manager:||Supply Chain Manager|
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (flexible)|
|Salary & Benefits:||Depends on experience, Company pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover, EAP (employee assistance programme)|
|Holiday Entitlement||20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service|
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY
We are currently recruiting a Logistics Team Leader on a permanent basis to supervise all aspects of Stores, warehousing, goods inwards and logistics. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of stores and logistics personnel in a warehouse and distribution area within a busy manufacturing facility. The candidate will be expected to have a genuine ‘can do’ attitude and will support their team in day-to-day tasks when needed. As well as being able to ensure that the whole logistics operation in always flowing efficiently.
2.1 JOB DUTIES
You will be the supervisor of a team of stores and logistics operatives. Your personal and team’s responsibilities include:
- Developing Logistics processes.
- Inbound inventory receipting and locating.
- Inventory management and stock auditing with a focus on maintaining stock accuracy.
- Shipping of finished goods to a global customer base.
- Picking, packing, and shipping spare parts and kits.
- Line feeding parts from warehouse to production line.
- General housekeeping with 5S to be introduced.
- Liaising with senior management and customers with status updates.
- Managing off-site storage at 3rd party location.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven, checkable experience to undertake the role.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Good knowledge of both Inbound and outbound logistic best practices.
- Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Leadership qualities.
- Full, clean driving licence is essential.
- Forklift certificate a benefit.
- Careful and thorough attitude with a good work ethic.