*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||IT Support Engineer – Maternity Cover|
|Employment Status:||Maternity Cover|
|Line Manager:||IT Director|
|Standard Working Hours:||37.5 hours, Monday – Friday|
|Holiday:||20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service|
|Salary and Benefits:||£DOE – Company pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover|
To work as part of a team in developing an innovative power dense marine diesel engine and associated components.
To support the business across all IT related matters ensuring maximum productivity for employees.
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the IT Director, as IT Support Engineer your primary duties and key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Procurement and rebuild of IT hardware and software to ensure employees can carry out their job roles.
- Ensure all computers are built to a common operating system and security platform.
- Maintain the environment so vendor security updates are pushed to all computers.
- Manage user accounts ensuring relevant access to CPT data and systems.
- Ensure all IT processes are followed, and documentation is maintained.
- Willingness when required to travel in UK and internationally to support the CPT business on IT matters.
- Maintain and monitor the Complete IT Infrastructure to maintain a secure and productive environment.
- Manage the IT Support help-desk ensuring issues are resolved promptly or escalated to third parties where support contracts are in place.
- Carry out electrical safety checks on IT hardware.
- Test and evaluate new technology to keep CPT business at maximum efficiency.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IT related issues through to resolution.
- Train and guide users where required on IT systems.
Optionally there is scope for the IT Support Engineer if they have previous experience in software to progress their skills in development of the Software systems within Cox, namely the Epicor ERP, Visual Factory MES and the SalesForce (TBC) Lightning Service and CRM Solution.ed, self-starter and logical thinker.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 8 piston, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (261 kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.