|Job Title||Engineer – Test and Development|
|Line Manager||Principal Engineer|
|Salary Range||£ dependent on Experience|
|Benefits||20 days paid leave per annum rising to 25 after two years (plus Bank Holidays), pension, health scheme|
Working within the Cox Powertrain test and Development department, the Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of component rig tests, engine dyno tests and full outboard motor testing either on vessel or in a test tank.
- Development and execution of test procedures including component rig test, engine dyno and full outboard testing.
- Specification and implementation of test rigs, instrumentation, control and logging equipment to ensure successful testing to stakeholder requirements.
- Specification and implementation of test equipment to support vessel tests at customer/partner locations.
- Day to day management of test technicians including scheduling and prioritisation of test activities.
- Initial results analysis and the reporting of test results in a formal written report.
- Leading the development of new test methods.
- Ensuring the maintenance and improvement of test facilities.
- Liaise with other Engineering departments.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures.
- Support off-site activities such as vessel testing.
- Work independently, manage time and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Present information clearly and concisely through written and verbal communication.
- IT literate and proficient with all Microsoft software and other test control packages.
- Good knowledge of a test environment.
- Flexibility to travel both within the UK and internationally as required.
- Able to proactively identify issues and support problem solving activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Experience of powertrain test set-up and execution.
- Experience in an engine test environment.
- Experience of marine powertrain development activities.
- Experience of diesel engine specific development.
- Test cell operation using Sierra CP Engineering CADET test cell control systems.
- Operation of small powered marine craft
Apply for role
If you wish to apply for this role please click on apply and include:
- Your current CV
- Covering letter including salary expectation and any notice period