Supplier Quality Engineer
Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
Standard Working Hours
37.5 hours per week – Mon to Friday.
Dependent upon experience
Job Function and Responsibilities
Reporting to Cox Powertrain’s Lead Supplier Quality Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for assuring the quality of components and subassemblies delivered to Cox Powertrain from its global supply chain, as well as working with the suppliers and Cox Powertrain Buyers to improve component quality and delivery.
Daily duties include:
- Conducting vendor assessment and supplier surveillance audits.
- Ensuring that PPAPs are reviewed and approved in a timely manner.
- Maintaining the component PPAP database and updating departmental KPIs.
- Organising internal/external measurements as necessary to validate PPAPs.
- Assisting suppliers develop and maintain Component Quality Plans, as necessary.
- Maintenance of the Component Quality Plan Database.
- Creating and maintaining component inspection plans.
- Raising reject notes and requesting 8D reports from the supplier.
- Supporting supplier root cause analysis and corrective action planning, as required.
- Verifying implementation and effectiveness of supplier correction actions.
- Collating and evaluating supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Acting as Supplier Development Engineer when required, by supporting supplier improvement activities.
- Reporting internally on supplier quality performance.
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker.
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence.
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
- Willingness to travel in UK and internationally.
Skills and Experience.
- ISO 9001:2015 qualification.
- Previously worked as a Supplier Quality Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
- In-depth working knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Well versed in quality tools and methods, including but not limited to 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, SPC, Pareto, etc.
- Metrology, inspection methods and equipment.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Understanding manufacturing processes.
- Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
- Ability to present data accurately and effectively.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification
- IATF 16949:2016 qualification.
- Knowledge of OHSAS18001 / ISO45001.
- Knowledge of ISO14001.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Lead assessor qualification
About Cox Powertrain
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned, well-funded company. It has taken a clean sheet of paper approach through its five-year development programme to deliver diesel engine designs that combine best engineering practice with patented technologies to unlock new levels of performance and packaging.
Apply for role
If you wish to apply for this role please click on apply and include:
- Your current CV
- Covering letter including salary expectation and any notice period