|Reporting to||Chief Engineer|
|Standard Working Hours||Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours per week|
|Holiday Entitlement||20 days, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service|
Cox Powertrain is dedicated to the development and production of high performance diesel outboard engines. Through the company’s existence, it has taken an innovative approach towards the resolution of the challenges involved in bringing such a product to market. The company offers an exciting and fast-paced environment where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged. The business is expanding and as such is the ideal environment for a candidate looking for career progression and involvement in an industry-changing project from an early stage.
All Cox products are divided into engineering systems each of which has an allocated System Engineer, responsible for the delivery of that system from inception to production by coordination with the various engineering resource pools, other internal stakeholders and external suppliers. The Principal Engineer (Systems) is primarily responsible for the management of the Systems Engineering team at Cox Powertrain.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Principal Engineer (Systems) will have responsibilities including (but not limited to):
- To lead and motivate the system engineering team to deliver product to scope in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
- To act as the single point of internal expertise on system engineering approaches, maintaining a comprehensive and up to date knowledge base and ensuring that Cox Powertrain continues to follow the most effective system engineering methods.
- Ongoing management of the systems engineering team including recruitment, training, work planning, appraisals, one-to-ones, leave management and departmental budget control
- Ownership and ongoing development of product lifecycle documentation including requirements, specifications and validation plans, ensuring that all work is in line with the stakeholder requirements.
- Management of the company compliance team to ensure that the systems team have available to them the appropriate legislative and standards requirements and that appropriate activities are underway to ensure that products receive appropriate legislative approval.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to work to get the job done rather than working to the clock.
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to achieve technical excellence.
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and collective success.
Necessary knowledge and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or a relevant scientific discipline.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrable experience in systems engineering management in an automotive, motorsport, aerospace or marine environment
- Comprehensive understanding of fundamental systems engineering theory.
- Experience recruiting, training and managing staff.
- A sound technical basis with ability to deduce valid technical conclusions on consideration of unfamiliar parts or systems.
- Aptitude in responding to high pressure situations with sensible and rational decision making.
- Experience with design validation planning tools including DFMEA.
- Good working competency of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Desired knowledge and experience:
- A working knowledge of internal combustion engines and watercraft.
- Experience with Siemens Teamcenter software.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button, or email email@example.com, and include: Your current CV, covering letter including salary expectations and any notice period.
About Cox Powertrain
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned, well-funded, company. It has taken a clean sheet approach through its development programme to deliver diesel engine designs that combine innovation, with best engineering practice to develop patented technologies to unlock new levels of power density.
The company is an exciting place to work, where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged. The business is rapidly growing, and as such – is the ideal environment for a candidate wishing to work in a business with opportunity for career progression, and to be involved in an industry-changing development from relatively early on.
Apply for role
If you wish to apply for this role please click on apply and include:
- Your current CV
- Covering letter including salary expectation and any notice period