|Reporting to||Head of Manufacturing|
|Standard Working Hours||Monday to Friday – 37.5 hours per week|
|Holiday Entitlement||20 days, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service|
Cox Powertrain currently have an opening for an enthusiastic Manufacturing Engineer to work in our new offices located on the south coast.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To identify suppliers, negotiate and place all project purchase orders, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers for production related equipment.
- Develop and complete DFX working closely with Design.
- Process development in line with the NPI plan.
- Production process development with full documentation support.
- Manage the production process and associated quality metrics.
- Develop MQCP and ensure process compliance.
- Ensure process maintains ISO9001 compliance.
- Work with the Programme Team to communicate and improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
- Work with Design to ensure timely design release and review via VDRA.
- Author the Manufacturing Strategy document.
- Work with Quality and Test to deliver a robust and cost effective end to end process.
- Support the development of Logistics and Packaging and eventually AfterSales.
- Maintain CPU targets in line with business strategy.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with equipment suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
- Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
- Support PMO with Change Control Process and develop robust methodology.
- Provide World Class Manufacturing techniques to support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
- Initially support the Prototype Build function with a longer term view to managing.
The ideal candidate will:
Necessary knowledge and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ manufacturing project experience working in a powertrain manufacturing environment.
- Experience of managing and developing a focused and diverse workforce.
- Six Sigma Green/Black belt or proven relevant experience.
- A degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or related discipline is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning.
- Manufacturing Quality and Test development experience
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver on time to budget.
- Excellent inter-personal skills to build relationship internally and externally.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Reliable and flexible in their approach.
If you wish to apply for this role, please click on the apply button, or email email@example.com, and include: Your current CV, covering letter including salary expectations and any notice period.
About Cox Powertrain
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned, well-funded, company. It has taken a clean sheet approach through its development programme to deliver diesel engine designs that combine innovation, with best engineering practice to develop patented technologies to unlock new levels of power density.
The company is an exciting place to work, where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged. The business is rapidly growing, and as such – is the ideal environment for a candidate wishing to work in a business with opportunity for career progression, and to be involved in an industry-changing development from relatively early on.
Apply for role
If you wish to apply for this role please click on apply and include:
- Your current CV
- Covering letter including salary expectation and any notice period