|Job Title||Continuous Improvement Engineer|
|Line Manager||Manufacturing Engineering Manager|
|Salary Range||Up to £47,000 per annum (dependant on experience)|
|Benefits||20 days paid leave per annum rising to 25 after two years (plus Bank Holidays), pension, health scheme|
Cox Powertrain currently have an opening for an enthusiastic Engineer to join our Manufacturing Team based in our new offices located on the south coast.
Daily duties include:
- Assist in production operations to drive improvement in manufacturing efficiencies by utilising continuous improvement techniques.
- Be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring Green Belts.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology throughout the manufacturing facility and processes.
- Implement tools such as Process Capability.
- Develop DFM, working closely with Design.
- Drive the standardisation of processes and implementation of metrics and best practices.
- Production process development with full documentation support.
- Work with Quality and Test to deliver a robust and cost-effective end to end process.
- Maintain KPI targets in line with business strategy.
- Assist in setting annual operational targets and drive improvements to achieve those targets.
- Identify and implement new technologies, specification of requirements, Capex justification, planning and implementation.
- Provide World Class Manufacturing techniques to support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
Skills and Experience:
- Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred; however, training would be available to further develop a Green Belt.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing/production environment.
- A degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or related discipline is highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of modern manufacturing methodologies and systems planning.
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred
- Proven ability to self-manage and deliver on time to budget.
- Excellent inter-personal skills to build relationship internally and externally.
- Reliable and flexible in their approach
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned, well-funded company. It has taken a clean sheet approach to developing a marine diesel outboard product which is the first of its kind. The CXO300 programme combines innovation with best engineering practice to develop patented technologies, unlocking new levels of power density which have historically limited uptake of diesel-powered outboards in the industry.
The company offers an exciting and fast-paced environment where innovative and unusual ideas are actively encouraged. The business is rapidly growing and as such is the ideal environment for a candidate looking for career progression and involvement in an industry-changing product from an early stage.
Apply for role
If you wish to apply for this role please click on apply and include:
- Your current CV
- Covering letter including salary expectation and any notice period