1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Build Technician – Grade A (EntryLevel)|
|Line Manager:||Production Team Leader|
|Salary & Benefits:||£10 per hour, anti-social premium, company pension scheme|
|Holiday Entitlement||25 days + bank holidays|
2.0 JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY
2.1 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures.
- The completion of build operations to the required quality standard.
- The completion of build operations within takt time.
- The completion of build operations, maintaining throughput, safety and quality standards across the shift.
- Diligently work towards being trained and competent, such that you obtain a complete knowledge of the product and build process.
- The daily completion of TPM and 5S activities.
- To work safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- To maintain a clean and safe working area at all times, both for yourself and the wider team.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the workplace using the workwear provided.
- To be consistently punctual and ready for the start of the shift.
- To promptly notify the Production Team Leader of any part or equipment defects.
- To rotate through multiple workstations and areas, flexibly and on request.
- Support continuous improvement and problem resolution activities if required.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents.
- Experience in general assembly work a plus.
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience a plus.
- Must be energetic, driven and enthusiastic.
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and bills of materials a plus.
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule.
- Experience with power and hand tools a plus.
- Basic maths, reading, computer and communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to operate as part of a team.