Deadline: 31st March 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Job Title:||Build Technician – Grade C (Trainer Level)|
|Line Manager:||Production Team Leader|
|Standard Working Hours:||40 hours|
|Holiday:||25 days + bank holidays|
|Salary and Benefits:||£12 per hour, anti-social shift premium, company pension scheme|
2.0 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and accurately follow standard operating procedures.
- The completion of build operations to the highest quality standard.
- The completion of build operations comfortably within takt time.
- Expert understanding of the product and build, with the ability to impart expert knowledge onto other members of the team.
- Responsible for the training and development of the production team to the highest standard.
- The unsupervised completion of build operations, maintaining throughput, safety and quality standards across the shift.
- To work safely and adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures for health, safety and environmental compliance.
- To maintain a clean and safe working area at all times, both for yourself and the wider team.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance in the workplace, using the workwear provided.
- To be consistently punctual and ready for the start of the shift.
- To promptly notify the Production Team Leader of any part or equipment defects.
- To rotate through multiple workstations and areas, flexibly and on request.
- Support continuous improvement and problem resolution activities if required.
- The daily completion of TPM and 5S activities.
- To act as the Team Leader when required, such as holiday coverage.
3.0 SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSEs/A-levels or equivalents.
- 5+ years of experience in general assembly work.
- 2+ years of experience training, with training qualifications a big plus.
- Automotive or marine powertrain experience a plus.
- Must be energetic, driven and enthusiastic.
- Ability to understand Engineering drawings and bills of materials.
- Extensive experience and understanding of best assembly practices.
- Ability to commit to a flexible schedule.
- Experience with a wide variety of hand tools, lift assists and production equipment.
- Excellent reading, computer and communication skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly.
- Strong ability to operate as part of a team.
- Able to motivate, influence and encourage others to achieve high standards of work.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.