JOB TITLE: Accounts Supervisor Payable & Receivables
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
LINE MANAGER: Financial Controller
LOCATION: Shoreham by Sea
STANDARD WORKING HRS: 37.50 hours per week between 9:00am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive
SALARY RANGE: DOE – competitive salary
HOLIDAY: 20 days per annum, rising to 25 days after 2 years’ service,
BENEFITS: Group personal pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox was established over a decade ago and has invested approx. £80m into the development of a light weight diesel engine for application to the high horsepower global marine outboard market. The company is preparing for the launch of the product later this year (2019) and with the continued growth being experienced is actively recruiting across a number of disciplines. The high horsepower marine outboard market in the US and Europe alone was $1.7bn per annum in 2017 and has been growing consistently at over 17% per annum since 2012. There is currently no diesel outboard operating in this market segment – Cox are the first. The market has a high appetite for an outboard diesel engine as it brings a number of significant benefits to the boat operator. Not only is there is a circa 40% reduction in costs but there are also logistical and environmental benefits.
Cox has established and signed a global distributor and dealer network (of existing market leading marine operators) and has a subsidiary in the United States ready to take the product to launch. The order book is already open and significant orders have already been secured.
The business currently employs over 100 people at its two facilities (totaling over 35,000 square feet) at Shoreham Airport
This will suit someone who enjoys managing a team ensuring the processes within both functions are undertaken in a smooth and efficient way. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company that is on the front foot, doing exciting and challenging things and doing that on the world stage. For more information please visit our website at www.coxmarine.com
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and highly capable individual to join the finance team for a full-time role in a busy department. You should be an individual who likes to take ownership of their responsibilities, be self-motivated who will manage the Accounts Payable and Receivable function ensuring that the team are consistently performing and all processes are followed and completed in an accurate and timely manner. Needs to have a disciplined and methodical approach to duties and responsibilities. A team player.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Managing the workload of the Payable and Receivables team (currently 2 employees) and train new staff, ensuring workload is appropriately distributed and handled by the team
- Supervise and mentor your team, regular 1-2-1s, annual reviews, identifying opportunities to improve team performance
- Recruitment of new staff when required
- Ability to process payables invoices in various currencies and raise sales invoices and credit notes
- Ability to process cash receipts and payments
- Ensure invoices and expenses requests are correctly calculated, approved and coded
- Oversee expense and credit card processes
- Investigate and resolve queries as required
- Review payment batches and uploading of payments for approval, processing in multiple currencies
- Oversee bank reconciliation process
- Oversee the timely processing of all accounts payable & receivable transactions in line with our month end closure deadlines and in accordance with the Company’s control procedures – Purchase and Receivables ledgers including payment and credit control, management reports, aged reports, ensuring GRNIs are cleared on a regular basis
- Ensuring monthly accounts receivable cash collection targets are met, produce weekly unallocated cash reports ensuring unallocated cash is accounted for and noted
- Ensuring adherence to month end deadlines as well as regular reporting of supplier/customer payment status
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Key point of contact for both liaising internally with the various teams, particularly the procurement department for payables and the sales department for receivables, as well as with suppliers and customers.
- Assisting the Financial Controller and Accountant, as required.
- Since the team is currently small, a hands-on, “muck-in” approach is required to cover the workload and periods of staff leave.
SKILLS and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing and leading a team, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of accounts payable processes
- Demonstrable knowledge of credit control procedures
- Experience in a multi-currency environment
- Working knowledge of VAT/Customs duties
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; a right first time attitude and approach.
- Confident and approachable with strong team working skills
- Experience of a busy work environment and working to tight deadlines.
- Proactive approach with a focus on achieving key deliverables.
- Accounts software packages – Epicor experience preferable but can provide training.
- Excel & word.
- Accountancy or finance qualification (ie AAT) or qualified by experience.
Apply for role
If you wish to apply for this role please click on apply and include:
- Your current CV
- Covering letter including salary expectation and any notice period