Deadline: 31st May 2021
*** STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES***
1.0 POSITION SUMMARY
|Hours:||37.50 hours per week between 0900 and 1730, Monday to Friday inclusive|
|Salary:||DOE – competitive salary|
|Holiday Entitlement:||25 days per annum|
|Benefits:||Company pension scheme, health scheme (BUPA), life cover. Financial support will be given for ongoing studies.|
We are currently recruiting for a highly capable, full-time, part qualified accountant to join the expanding finance team.
The role requires someone who is self-motivated, can use their own initiative and is able to work without supervision. You should have a disciplined and methodical approach to duties and responsibilities and have a flexible approach to the working day. A desire to take on increasing responsibility as the Company expands, is key. You should be an individual who likes to take ownership of their responsibilities, a willingness to find solutions and be a team player.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Analysis, reconciliation and resolution of complex Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable invoices, GRNI, purchase order and sales order queries;
- Assisting with month end process (including recharges, accruals, prepayments, currency revaluation, P&L analysis and commentary, Aged Payables/Receivables reconciliations)
- Preparation of monthly VAT report including Intrastat monthly filing;
- Understanding stock control processes to assist with resolving AP, month end queries and on an ad hoc basis assisting the Cost Accountant with stock logged invoice accruals and investigating AP price variances, average costings.
- Supporting revenue accounting processes – accounting for advanced payments, warranty income; revenue recognition and margin analysis
- Assisting with preparation month end management reporting for each department (currently 8).
- Epicor ERP system testing as new modules/processes are implemented in the system for both UK company and US subsidiary.
- Reporting directly to the Accountant and providing assistance to the Financial Controller, CFO and others in the department as required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- We would expect the successful candidate to have at least 2 years of experience in an accounting or business environment and be actively studying for ACCA/CIMA or similar qualification.
- Working knowledge of VAT, including Intrastat.
- Ability to explain technical accounting concepts to non-financial stakeholders in a clear, straightforward manner and resolve their queries.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail; a right first time approach.
- Proficient to advanced Excel & Word.
- Extensive Accounts software experience – Epicor experience preferable (ERP) but Cox can provide training.
- Experience of a busy work environment, managing own time and meeting exacting deadlines.
- Experience gained within a manufacturing and international business would also be desirable.
ABOUT COX POWERTRAIN
Cox Powertrain is a privately owned engineering company based in Shoreham by Sea. Cox have spent the past decade developing a ground-breaking new engine, supported by £90m of private investment, for marine industry which is disrupting the global marine market. Cox Powertrain have over 120 permanent employees, with strong connections with the automotive industry.
The core engine module is a V8, 4-stroke turbo charged diesel with a capacity of 4.4ltr litres that delivers up to 300 hp (224kW) per module. Principal beneﬁts are increased responsiveness combined with reduced size, mass and parts count when compared with conventional diesels of similar power output and improved fuel efficiency and storage safety compared to gasoline engines of similar power output.